This is an “IBM Enhanced Trackpoint II Keyboard”, or something to that effect. It is the only “old” buckling spring board that was available in black as far as I am aware, and has a real IBM TrackPoint II pointing stick embedded within it.
I got this keyboard in December 2009 from a member of a forum I am active on. It was in excellent condition, apparently having not been used for several years but just tucked away in a storage closet. It was dusty, and the left shift legend was a bit worn (typical for these boards – the printing wears off quickly), but worked great and was in overall excellent condition.
This is the newest buckling spring keyboard I own; it was manufactured in 1997.
- Identification: IBM part number 13H6705, ID number M311348, designated ‘Model M13’, manufactured in Mexico by Maxi Switch 1997-06-04
- Application: IBM PS/2-compatibles
- Connectivity: dual PS/2 interface with fixed cable
- Key layout: 101-key US layout (with IBM TrackPoint II pointing stick)
- Keyswitches: tactile and ‘clicky’ buckling spring over membrane
- Acquired: December 2009, private sale online