This is the keyboard which came with the IBM 5150: the original IBM PC.
I got this keyboard in March 2011 from the local electronics recycler at one of their ‘garage sale’ events. It was in excellent condition, only a little dirty, and with a couple WordPerfect stickers applied to certain keys. It cleaned up quickly and easily, and after getting my converter set up correctly, I was typing on it soon after.
- Identification: IBM part number 1503206, manufactured in USA by IBM 1980-1982. Commonly known as the XT Model F.
- Application: IBM 5150/5160
- Connectivity: DIN5 XT interface with fixed cable
- Key layout: 83-key US layout
- Keyswitches: tactile and ‘clicky’ buckling spring over capacitive PCB
- Acquired: March 2011, local sale