In late 2012 I noticed some “parts” for an IBM AT keyboard being sold and upon further investigation found it was a whole keyboard, but in non-operational condition (poor condition cord and at least one stuck key). I bought it and had it shipped halfway across the globe for less than half what it could have cost to buy one without those issues, and was able to fix it with less than an hour of work and replacing two capacitive key switch components that I already had spares of.
- Identification: IBM part number 6450200, manufactured in USA by IBM 1985-03-12
- Application: IBM 5170 Personal Computer/AT
- Connectivity: AT DIN with fixed cable
- Key layout: 84-key US layout
- Keyswitches: tactile and ‘clicky’ buckling spring over capacitive PCB
- Acquired: December 2012, private sale online