This is an “industrial” IBM keyboard. That means nothing about its construction; it is very much the same thing as a 1391401 or other 101-key Model M, but has unique colouring to match IBM industrial computers.I got this keyboard in April 2010 from an eBay auction for two units together, untested. I took a rather expensive gamble but it worked out well…because they were untested, they went for a reasonable combined price, and when I received them I found they both worked flawlessly and just required cleaning. I quickly sold the second one for half of the original bid and shipping.
- Identification: IBM part number 1394946, ID number 5005899, designated ‘Model M’, manufactured in USA by Lexmark 1991-10-28
- Application: IBM industrial PCs
- Connectivity: PS/2 interface with detachable cable (6-position SDL connector at keyboard)
- Key layout: 101-key US layout
- Keyswitches: tactile and ‘clicky’ buckling spring over membrane
- Acquired: April 2010, eBay auction win